SI Joint Pain
Rotator Cuff Injuries
Medial Meniscus Tear
Inversion Ankle Sprain
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
IT Band Syndrome
Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome
Excellent for conditions that do not respond to regular anti-inflammatories or pain medications and are triggered by wind, clothing, light touch or bed sheets.
How it Works
Neuroprolotherapy is a very superficial injection of a natural sugar solution into areas where an injured and non-healing sensory nerve is causing inflammation, delaying tissue repair and triggering pain. It is less invasive that classical prolotherapy which uses long needles to inject material into the joints. The aim of the treatment is to bathe the inflamed nerve with the sugar solution that acts to heal the nerve and stop pain conduction. The healed nerve promotes nutritional support to the damaged tissue promoting regeneration and repair.
- The treatment takes between 10 and 30 minutes to complete.
- Physical activity is not restricted following the treatment.
- Most patients tolerate the minimal discomfort associated with the injections and return to their regular workouts or activities the same day.
- Repeated weekly treatments will steadily reduce the overall pain and allow return of full function to the affected area.
- The average number of treatments required for most conditions is 6-8 and success rates vary between 80-100%, depending on the condition.
- The treatment is safe with rare complications like infection (1 in 300 000 injections).
- No allergic reactions have been observed.
- Side effects of this treatment can include bruising of the skin or tenderness at the injection site.
- For most conditions recurrence is unlikely unless re-injury occurs.
"After injuring my shoulder some years ago I received a series of cortisone injections and underwent extensive physio. It had little effect and the problem became chronic, causing me discomfort even while asleep. I had one prolo-therapy injection treatment with Dr. Jones and my pain became noticeably less severe. For the first time in many years I have the confidence in my shoulder to return to the activities that caused the injury in the first place. Thanks Dr. Jones!"
- JK, Australia
"For several months I experienced severe pain in my thigh muscles. Movements of the knee were difficult, descending stairs for example. I mentioned this to Dr Jones and I was taken in for neuroprolotherapy. Immediately following the treatment I was able to walk with more ease, and in a few days the pain was completely gone. Now, several months later, the muscles are working well and I am totally pain free. Dr. Jones' therapy worked fast and well. I am able to work physically at full capacity. Glad to have the unbearable pain released. Thank you."
- Bill from WD McCance & Son Building Service, Canada